What's My Rule? Math Robot - A Fun Way to Learn Algebraic Equations with Math In and Out Boxes
In goes 1 and out comes 7, in goes 2 and out comes 14, in goes 3 and out comes 21. What's my rule? If you guessed "multiply by 7" you are correct! The good 'ole math in and out boxes with a twist! How about putting your number into a robot who transforms it from the in number to the out number? Your students will be amazed and have a blast learning how to problem solve with "Robbie the Robot".
• Robot Recording Sheets (two large colored choices, one large black & white, one sheet with 4 small robots)
• Sample Answer Key
• What’s My Rule? Robot Demonstration
• What’s My Rule? Card Game
• Directions for Making a Robot
• 5 Robot Card Sets with 100 Cards Total
-Set A: Rule A + 8
-Set B: Rule A - 5
-Set C: Rule A x 5
-Set D: Rule A ÷ 6
-Set E: Rule A x 5 + 2
• Blank Robot Cards to Make your own Sets (Rules)
To learn more check out my blog post here.
Grade Levels: 2-4 File Type: PDF (Acrobat) Document File